- AM - Anno Mundi, "in the year of the world". Used to denote a date using the timescale in years "after Creation".
- BC - Before Christ. Used to denote a date using the timescale in years before the birth of Jesus Christ. This abbreviation is analogous in usage to another abbreviation often used in contemporary literature - BCE, "Before the Common Era".
- AD - Anno Domini, "in the year of our Lord". Used to denote a date using the timescale in years after the birth of Jesus Christ. Is analogous to the abbreviation CE, meaning "of the Common Era".
- c. - Circa. An abbreviation that is placed in front of a date when that date is in some way an approximation. The nature of the approximation depends on context.
- NIV - Holy Bible, New International Version®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of International Bible Society.
- KJV - The "King James Version" of the Christian Protestant Bible.
Return to the Home Page
Copyright © 1999, 2012, 2018, 2021 by David Petrie